Thursday 24 January 2019

Day 25 - Back to the lake, a blat in Soylent Green

In 1988 whilst temporarily training in Canberra, a mate I had not know long (Pete “bop bop” Austin) taught me to water ski behind the legendary Soylent Green ski boat.  Then it was 10 years old and a veteran of many Hawksbury River bridge to bridge ski races.  We had a blast that weekend at Pete’s Lake Conjola weekender.  Fast forward 31 years and I am taking my 14 year old son back to the lake to be towed behind the now 40 year old Soylent Green.  It’s got a few more scars and bumps (like Pete and I) but the old girl can still get up and boogie.  Quiddy has a ball on the tube and then an attempted swing into the lake (Tarzan he ain’t!!!).

Back to Pete’s for a BBQ and a quick break and enter into the local NSWPOL Highway Patrol Cops house (neighbor of Pete whose wife locked herself out of the house). Quick trip up the ladder with a screw driver and job done !!!

Had a ball Pete.  The Green machine at full throttle was definitely a highlight.  I might even keep my eye out for one if those water front house to moor a nice stealth inboard out front of in my retirement !!!!

Thanks again Pete and we hope to see you one day in Melb so we can return the hospitality.















Hi 

No comments: